Saturday, August 8, 2009

i found myself missing my friend today . . .

Did you ever have one of those friends that is just, well, different from all of your other friends? One of those friends who is that every day kind of friend. Lives several houses away. Has children the same ages. Simply looks at things the same way you do? You admire her devotion to her children, to her home. She truly loves you as a friend. Your children's birthday parties are complete just because she says she is going to be there. You look forward to her number coming up on caller id. You can't wait to tell her whatever just happened to you, good or bad. She makes the bad days better and the good days the best. She loves your children almost as much as you love them. She is kind. She is funny. She is intuitive. She knows just what to say. Even your husbands get along famously. Your kids are fast friends. You carpool together. You laugh together. You cry together. You attend funerals together as well as dance recitals. There is just something incredibly special about that best, best friend.

Until a couple of months ago, I had that friend. I still have her, a blessing for which I am grateful, but she has moved thousands of miles away. Even though I live in a community where I have scores upon scores of amazing friends in my life, I found myself missing her, my best friend, a lot today. I miss that every day friend, my blogging friends. I simply miss Mary . . .

4 comments:

  1. awwww, i know how you feel. it's hard when friends move away, especially a friend as good as yours. she sounds like an absolutely amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I'm so sorry! Friends like that are hard to come by!

    Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's too bad :-( I know exactly what you mean, though- someone you totally 'click' with...

    Stopping by from SITS to say "welcome." I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
    carma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! 'Preciate the love! Happy Monday! Me

    ReplyDelete

oh so, well, appreciated! ;) loving those comments, friends!