Tuesday, August 18, 2009

and why has it taken me six days to come relax on my blog? for shame . . . :)


1. Preschool and regular school began last week. Homework.

2. Had to find a family picture that I was actually in for my preschooler's Coconut Attendance Tree. (Unbelievably hard! I am the picture-taker.)

3. Had neighborhood kids over every day. Literally every day and I loved every minute of it. Everyone is so much happier.

4. Worked a "dancewear" yard sale at my daughters' dance studio open house. All day Saturday.

5. Church.

6. Girl Scout Meeting at the Police Department.

7. Anniversary Dinner at my parents' house.

8. PTO Meeting.

9. Painted my daughter's room, bookshelf, nightstand, two stools and rearranged her room. This weekend will be the "Big Reveal" for her 10th Birthday.

10. Made and sent out invitations to her "Une Soiree a Paris" party.

11. Met with my daughter's orthodontist about beginning treatment.

11. Colored my hair. (Part of my Fall Overhaul -- read more).

I had to write down this list. I have felt like I haven't accomplished much in my house this week. My living room floor is covered in laundry. Everything needs Fall Cleaning and I need a Fall Overhaul. Sometimes making a list of things you have already done as opposed to what you have to do will say "look -- you did plenty!" But, I have missed my blogging nest and my bloggy friends. If only I had a laptop that I could play with in the car line, picking up the kids from school . . . If only! (Oh, and the picture of my imagined Martha Stewart-esque organized self? If only . . . if only! :) )

3 comments:

  1. Love that organization shelf, oh man I need something like this. With 2 boys in high school both playing high school football. A preschooler who does cheer, and an infant......need as much help in that department.

    But it looks like you have me beat LOL......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy. I don't know how you do it, let alone keep track of it all. I wanna see the bedroom reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were hiding out! It's so unbelievably busy at the beginning of the new school year. You've accomplished so much - way to go! :) Can't wait to see the newly painted room and accessories!

    ReplyDelete

oh so, well, appreciated! ;) loving those comments, friends!